Thursday, February 24, 2011

Makif Vav

Today was our last day of volunteering at school. In light of our departure, three different classes threw parties for us, four classes wrote us letters, and we received an uproarious round of applause in the teacher's lounge today. Overall I think that our stint at Makiv Vav was a success. 

Here are some of my favorite notes:

 
For: Margaux Maizlish and Rolan Meyer
  • Thank you for your help.
  • I hoped you enjoyed your staying in Israel.
  • Thank for spending time with us and helping us in our lessons. 
  • It was a pleasure to meet you and learn a little about your life in NY support
I'm loving the illustration and creative use of bullet points. What exactly is "NY support"?

"I am sorry you living". Best line ever.


For: Margaux Maizlish and Rolan Meyer
I really enjoyed seeing you in the class, talking with you and I'm so greatful with your help. You guys taught me alot of new things and you guys helped me alot. I am so sad because you are leaving us but we can't do nothing so I wish you guys have a safe flight home. 
Love: Mark
(My teacher is Oshrat)

Again with the "NY support"!?!?


Margaux and Rolen!
I hoped you enjoyed from Israel like we enjoyed from you two. You guys really helped me when you have been here. You two always funny and happy and that made the class happy so much add to this you two taught me a new things about U.S.A.

Dear Rolan and Margaux
It was lovely to meet you (Margaux)
good flew from of. 
Thank you for helping us!
email: xxxx@gmail.com (for Margaux)
This is a personal favorite of mine. It's rare that I'm the favored volunteer and I like to rub it in Rolan's face.


Dear Roalan and Margaux
I'm happy I had the chance to know you!
Thank you for helping us.
I hope to meet you again. 
have a safe fling!
I want to keep in touch
"Have a safe fling." These kids are wise beyond their years.


Dear Roalan (the men so butiful) and Margaux
It was lovely to know you
Thank you for helping us
I hope to meet you again
Rolan: I love you, you so nice and :)
Margaux: you very nice and buetiful
Dot change and dont forgent me and my class
We Miss you!
good flying loves Shiran
The girl from Israel Morad.

dear rolan and margaux
It was lovely to know you
from Itav Ben david
I love the drawing of the plane. Rolan and I choose to think that the plane is landing, not crashing...




Hope to disappoint you, Sivan, but I don't have a boyfriend to "selbraite" with. Thanks though!




Dear Margaux
Thank you for staying with us, we really enjoyed being with you. Too bad you did not stay longer. I was glad to meet you. Hope you enjoyed I enjoyed with you. Stars were just blowing our class out of our routine. I really appreciate you for this. 
This one's my absolute favorite. So poetic! And, this little 7th grader's name in Hebrew is "Carmel" but in English he spelled it "Caramel". Absolutely adorable.


This girl wrote our Hebrew names for us! Classic! And the "Rolan I love you!!" at the end is just typical.





Margo & Rolan
I had a grate time with you, because you were very nice and helpful. I hope you enjoyed in Ashdod and you liked the city. I wish you good fly.
Great presentation!


"Just killing!" has become a favorite phrase around these parts. How amazing is this letter?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |