Thursday, February 3, 2011

The end is near


First of all, I just want to let everyone know that despite the craziness in Egypt, I am fine, and we are perfectly safe here. In fact, if we didn't pay attention to the news, we wouldn't really know that there was a problem at all. Life in Ashdod is moving along swimmingly. If things don't clear up, however, our trip to Eilat (which borders Egypt) in three weeks may be comprimised, but worse things have happened. I just hope that the situation is resolved quickly and that no one else gets hurt.

On a completely unrelated note, yesterday I went for my best run since I've been in Israel. I normally run for an hour, which comes to about six and a half miles if I'm going at my usual pace. Last night I ran for an extra few minutes and still beat my usual time. Boo yah! Tonight, however, was probably my worst run. My muscles are tired and I'm dehydrated. I gave myself a break for the first time since I've been on this running kick and only did about four miles. The whole reason that I love running is because I don't force myself if I'm not feeling it, so I'm accepting that I couldn't go the whole way tonight. But, I'd still like to thank Ludacris and my ipod shuffle, because this flashback to high school is the only thing that made my run awesome:



Lastly, today marks exactly one month until I fly home from Israel. On the bus today (we had a trip to Caesarea and Haifa—more on that tomorrow), Rolan and I realized that we only have 12 more days of volunteering at Makeef Vav. Only 12! So sad. I'm going to miss those kids, even though they're completely insane. Alright Israel, let's make this last month one for the books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |