Monday, February 14, 2011

All the lovers

For most people, Valentine's Day is either awesome or horrible. If you're in a relationship, it's probably going to be awesome. Unless you're in the kind of relationship where your loser boyfriend sends you roses at school and then comes over later that night and dumps you, like what happened to me in 11th grade (I'm not bitter). Then your Valentine's Day is probably horrible. Luckily, we all have the capacity to get over the duds and move on. Plus, now we know not to date anyone like that ever again, right? It's all good, baby. All good.


When I was little, I would open up my lunch box on February 14th to find a card and a little gift from my parents, wishing me a happy Valentine's Day. Now that's what I'm talking about! Valentine's Day should not be about feeling bad for yourself because you're single (plus, being single is fabulous). It should be about celebrating all of your relationships; family, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc. So today, I choose to focus my energy on all those that I love, instead of just on my phantom boyfriend and the un-date that we're going on tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my awesome friends, especially Jess and Brian because tomorrow is their birthday! And speaking of friends, check out these fun blogs:
  • Gurvblog's take on our time in Rome is hilarious, as well as his take on everything else.
  • How Puja manages to keep up with her blog, juggle NYU Law and her nightlife column for the Voice is beyond impressive.
  • I go away and Megan and Lauren become Baltimore It Girls overnight. Plus their blog features frequent guest posts from Patrick. Major perk.
  • Rob's blog. Because he's weird and it makes me laugh. 
In closing, this song has been in my head all day. Enjoy:

1 comments:

Meg said...

kampkoop is full of wisdom and guidance.

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |