Let's start with Harry. I saw it on Monday night and it was AMAZING! I know not everyone out there is a Harry Potter fan. In fact, when I first got here and starting spouting off to my roommates about how I was really concerned that Israelis don't celebrate Halloween because I was dead set on dressing up as Hermione, they all scoffed at me. Every last one. The teasing started up again when I would like, squeal with excitement every time I thought about the impending release of the new HP movie. I guess I'm either incredibly convincing or my excitement was infectious, because I managed to turn three of my roommates into major Harry fans. Over the past two weeks we have together watched all of the previous six HP movies in order to gear up for the seventh one, and last night I managed to recruit eight other people to go to the movies with me. Major success. OK, back to the movie. This was 100% my favorite movie in the series. It was super long, but I could have sat there for 5 more hours. Obviously I understand why they had to split the seventh book up into two films (it's nearly 1,000 pages long), and I also loved that this enabled them to stay more true to the book (I'm a Harry Potter purist, after all), but I just never wanted it to end. I can't wait until both of the Deathly Hallows films come out on DVD so I can have a HP part 7 movie marathon. Yeah I'm already thinking that far in advance, so what? I guess I can't rant and rave about this movie forever without going into detail and possibly giving something away, so I'll stop myself. For now, enjoy some awesomely intense promo images that I found:
It just occurred to me that if I wrote about Jerusalem in this same blog post, it would be the longest post in the world and everyone would lost interest. I hope you enjoyed reading about Harry; please proceed to read about my weekend in Jerusalem.




0 comments:
Post a Comment