Today we had a visit from the one and only Momo Lifschitz, the president of Oranim. Now I've had the pleasure of meeting Momo before, so I knew what to expect, but it was intensely entertaining nonetheless. While we're all here to do great things and volunteer and help people and immerse ourselves into the community, Momo is not shy about making it very clear that the focal point of Oranim is to fall in love with a fellow Jew, make aliyah, live in Israel and have Jewish babies. Oh, and to let everyone on facebook know how awesome Israel is along the way. In all seriousness, some of what Momo has to say is very touching. While Israel and Judaism are always very controversial, there are a mere 12 million Jews in the world, compared to over a billion Muslims, another billion Christians... you get the point. We're a shrinking nationality and religion. If you're Jewish, be proud and don't lose sight of it. Or you could just be like Megan and Patrick and wish you were Jewish. Somehow I'm sure that's helping the cause. Anyway, not sure I entirely subscribe, but thanks Momo. You never fail to entertain me.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
| Top ↑ |

0 comments:
Post a Comment