Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anachnu Meetnadvim!

It's late and I want to get up early to go for a run down the promenade along the beach before Ulpan tomorrow, so I'll leave you with just a few random thoughts:


Today we went to the shook, which is the outdoor market here in Ashdod. It was really overwhelming- think the world's biggest flea market, with megaphones.We bought a rug for our room. It's hideous. We love it.


Lessons that I've learned in the past 48 hours:
1. Tye-dye jumpsuits are not for everyone

2. I'm not the only person in the world that meows at cats in an attempt to have a conversation (Sarah...)
3. "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias is in a very tough key to sing along to
4. Not everybody knows that Moldova is in Eastern Europe
5. Arranging the clothes line is an art form, and I'm really good at it


Sarah is incredibly good at enhancing the cartoons in our Hebrew workbook. Behold, exhibit A:

Exhibit B:


The (horrible) song that's in everyone's head today. Thanks Rolan.



Tonight's family dinner: roasted potatoes with rosemary, sauteed spinach and mushrooms with garlic, and pasta and guacamole donated by our friends from apartment 21.
Daniel, Jess, Brian, Goose, Rolan, Sarah, and Becca

Our 8th and final roommate is coming tomorrow! His name is Boris. That's literally all we know about him. Hopefully he'll be awesome. I got strict and made the boys clean the apartment tonight in preparation for our new addition. Sometimes mama's gotta lay down the law.


Sometimes all it takes is an email or simple gesture to completely make your day.  Thank you so much to Paul, and to Megan and the Mt Vernon crew. You guys are amazing. I miss you too!

3 comments:

senari said...

i will be "shook" if you don't get me something sweet from the shook.

ps: in return, i'll maybe consider (vaguely so) mailing you your tank top and some nail polish.

senari said...

also, what does anachnu meetnadvim mean?

Margaux said...

it means "we are volunteers". i should have explained that but i forgot. and i'm getting you something from the shook in tel aviv. the coolest thing at the shook here are tweety bird underwear.

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |