Friday, January 7, 2011

Bamba and Coke


Bamba is one of my favorite things that I've discovered since coming to the holy land. It's a delicious and beloved snack here in Israel, tasting kind of like cheese puffs without the cheese (it's peanut butter flavored!). To further your knowledge, here's some very useful information provided by my trusted friend, Wikipedia:

Bamba is one of the leading snack foods produced and sold in Israel. It has been marketed since 1963[1] with no decline in sales. Bamba makes up 25% of the Israeli snack market.[2]

Another favorite thing that I've discovered since being in Israel (this one not so Israeli), is StumbleUpon. Although we're kept pretty busy here, we kill a lot of time on our laptops. One day I said to Rolan, "I feel like I've literally surfed the entire internet. I'm bored." To which he responded, "Do you know about StumbleUpon?" It changed my life. It's free, and based on your interests, it allows you to "stumble upon" some of the COOLEST stuff on the internet. In one day, I learned about colossal squids (the first live colossal squid was found in 2007; it's bigger than a school bus and could make calamari rings the size of tractor tires), found this awesome website, and gazed at this image.

So to come full circle, today I decided to treat myself to a bag of Bamba and a glass bottle of good ol' Coca Cola Classic. Israelis swear that it's the greatest combination in the world, and I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a try. After indulging in the delicious snack (and enjoying my first soda of 2011, guilt free... or so I thought), I decided to surf the 'net while digesting. That's when StumbleUpon showed me this:

Harmful Soda
Via: Term Life Insurance 

OK, we get it! Sodas are bad! I'll never do it again! Thanks a lot, StumbleUpon. I thought we were friends. And on an unrelated note, there are a lot of links in this post. I should be getting paid for this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |