Wednesday, March 9, 2011

... and I'm home

In the past 6 days, I have been in two countries, six cities (Ashdod, New York, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Tel Aviv and Newark if we want to include airports), five different beds, and countless restaurants. I've been on three different airplanes, one chaise lounge, and four parade routes. It's been a whirlwind. Aside from getting to see awesome places and experience amazing things, I'm thankful because for almost an entire week, I was too occupied to realize that I've left Israel and the trip has come to an end. Now that I'm home and in my own bed (praise the lord!), I see the depression and separation anxiety setting in in 3... 2... 1... But, my favorite perky red head Sarah has helped to ease the pain. Yesterday was my birthday (26—WTF?!?!) and among the multiple Facebook posts that I received, my absolute favorite wasn't even a happy birthday wish, but a picture that she posted. Sarah, this totally made my day. Thank you!


Side note: Facebook birthday posts have easily become one of my favorite things about turning a year older. Although it's completely replaced the proverbial birthday phone call (is it bad that in this day and age I find this completely acceptable?), yesterday I heard from people that I haven't talked to in years and years. Sure, they wouldn't have remembered my birthday if it weren't for Facebook (hey, we all need a gentle reminder), but it's so much fun to know that even people who are no longer a large part of your life are happy to take a few seconds to write you a message.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |